The purpose of the proposed revisions is to increase clarity and ensure that the Protocol is in line with the latest available science and international best practice. The public comment period runs from February 22, 2023 to March 22, 2023.
The following list provides a high-level overview of updates that are open for public comment. A more detailed summary of changes is available here.
Updates to Preservation Protocol Versions 12.40 and 12.100
- Clarification on important project dates, including revision to the Credit Commencement Date
- Standardization of the approach for assessing, validating, and verifying no double counting of credits
- Clarification on required project documentation and templates, including the Forest Composition Report.
- Revisions to the Quantification of Credits, including the Quantification of Stored Carbon methodologies, to:
- Clarify requirements for usage of the US Forest Service General Technical Report carbon stock tables
- Clarify the determination of forest age based on historical aerial imagery
- Clarify the data collection requirements for stand inventories and sampling
- Revision of Appendices into a stand-alone document.
City Forest Credits will use input received to revise the above topics and incorporate them into the Protocol. Submit written comments via email@example.com.