Project LocationBoise, ID
Project OperatorTreasure Valley Canopy Network
Project ContactLance Davisson email@example.com
The Treasure Valley Municipal Parks Project is a partnership between the Treasure Valley Canopy Network (Network) and the City of Boise. Located at the heart of Idaho’s Treasure Valley, this is one of the fastest growing metropolitan areas in the United States. Our cities are committed to building healthy and vibrant public spaces for all citizens to enjoy.
This project will plant approximately 504 trees in nine municipal parks throughout the Treasure Valley. Treasure Valley communities value our parks and open spaces as key assets to support a healthy environment and healthy people. As our population grows, we are faced with decreases in air and water quality, increasing levels of obesity and income disparity among our population.The trees will provide residents of various socioeconomic categories with recreational opportunities resulting in healthier environments and people.
This project is the first pilot in the Treasure Valley City Forest Credits Program, administered by the Treasure Valley Canopy Network. As the Network continues to build collaborative partners and planting projects, we anticipate many more opportunities for financial support of our regional program.
The co-benefits from these planting sites create a total savings of $21,409.31 per year, and $535,232.75 over 25 years.
- Rain interception: 2,523.31 m3/year, $5,199.38 per year
- Air quality: 0.0600 tons/year, $1,445.61 per year
- Energy – cooling (electricity): 84,571.85 kWh/year, $9,861.08 per year
- Energy – heating (natural gas): 390,109.87 kBtu/year, $4,854.67 per year
- Avoided CO2 from energy savings: 2.43 tons/year, $48.57 per year
Total Credits Issued: 57
Total Credits Available for Purchase: 0
Total Credits Sold: 57
Total Credits Retired: 0
Total Credits Cancelled: 0
- Project Application
- Project Approval Letter
- Initial Credit Project Design Document
- Early Action Letter
- Tree Inventory
- Attestation of Planting
- Attestation of Planting Supporting Documentation
- Attestation of Planting Affirmation
- Attestation of No Net Harm
- Attestation of No Double Counting
- Agreement to Transfer Credits